The 7 Triggers to Yes
Based on ProEd founder Russ Granger’s critically-acclaimed book published by McGraw-Hill, the newest and most exciting personal and professional development program from ProEd is a breakthrough learning and application system that enables business professionals to quickly achieve “YES” decisions. Success in business means getting commitment, compliance, and results from others. The 7 Triggers to Yes offers a new and remarkable competitive edge to achieve those critical agreements.
We can effectively influence others’ decisions only when we understand how they make decisions. Based on the exciting new science of live brain imaging, we now know, for the first time, how the brain actually processes decision requests. This breakthrough knowledge has precipitated the recent inclusion of persuasion training in virtually every graduate business school and MBA curriculum.
With our user-friendly leader’s materials, your own staff can easily facilitate this groundbreaking enhancement to both on-the-job experience and prior training. The course has three interrelated components to ensure optimal learning and on-the-job results.
Participants individually select their own Current Persuasion Opportunity (CPO) for the ultimate customization of real world skill application. Application of skills to a real world CPO accelerates understanding and creates longer skill retention.
Participants experience a coordinated blend of highly interactive class discussions, focus group and workbook activities and role-plays. PowerPoint slides and video clips add essential material.
During the course, participants apply learned skills to their own CPO—their real world situation. When they return to work, they have a plan to hit the ground running!
Narrated by author Russ Granger, the interactive, multimedia format is divided into modules for easy access in a busy schedule. The program even remembers the user’s last location, and a full program menu is always just a click away for reverence and review. Fully SCORM compliant.
WHAT IS IT?
The YesMaker workstation and mobile app is designed to enable business professionals the ability to substantially improve client research and meeting planning so that agreements, commitments, and sales happen faster and more often.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
A vital technology tool offering a substantial competitive edge for anyone responsible for gaining agreement with others, the YesMaker incorporates the specific principles associated with The 7 Triggers to Yes persuasion program, based on the critically-acclaimed book of the same name by Russell H. Granger. The YesMaker goes far beyond any of the categories or enhancements available as part of conventional CRM systems, by prompting the user to develop uniquely effective approaches using highly-specific client insights and information.
As part of the 7 Triggers e-learning or workshop course, the participant is provided access to the YesMaker web and mobile application. The YesMaker not only encourages participants to employ the techniques and principles of the 7 Triggers, it is a vital tool for gathering, organizing, and using advanced client intelligence.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Entering the registration key (available only to those who have completed The 7 Triggers to Yes program) prompts the user to import their client information, either from a contact program or a CRM system (the YesMaker can be used independently or as an add-on to most CRM systems; please contact us for more on CRM integration). New prospect or client entries may also be entered directly.
Once the selected contacts are imported, the special elements and fields associated with The 7 Triggers to Yes system are immediately available for each client. Data may key-entered, pasted in from other programs, or even sourced from Google or social media networks such as LinkedIn or Facebook. Users may easily organize the data into a priority structure customized for each client.
In addition to the custom reference material created for each client, users may also easily transfer specific data points to an integrated meeting planner. This enables the user to formulate highly-effective strategic interactions.
Persuasion is arguably the single most important business tool, yet few understand persuasion or use it effectively. In this unit, participants will:
• Define and record their CPO – Current Persuasion Opportunity.
• Discover the benefits of skilled persuasion.
• Gain an understanding of the brain’s decision making process.
THE AWESOME POWER OF PERSUASION
Persuaders rule. They always have. They always will. Leaders, advertisers, marketers, salespeople—all of us—have been using hit or miss emotional appeals for years. But hit or miss, trial and error approaches to activating emotional triggers are ineffective and inefficient. The 7 Triggers to YES makes your staff consciously competent with new scientifically documented data on how the brain processes decision making information. Applying new scientific discoveries, we can now successfully lead others to a shared conclusion. This unit explores:
• The process of persuasion for leading others to a shared solution and desired action.
• Analytical vs Emotional Decisions.
• The twin horses of the mind: reason and emotion.
• How to work with people rather than against them.
• The Building Blocks of Persuasion.
• How to effectively influence others’ decisions by understanding how they process decision-making information.
• Triggers, the decision shortcuts that help us make quick, correct decisions.
THE 7 TRIGGERS TO YES
We finally know definitively that the brain is hard-wired to take mental shortcuts whenever we make decisions. Internal mechanisms—triggers—help us quickly assimilate information and take the right next step. Those who understand how triggers work have enormous power to help others make easy, quick decisions. In each of these 7 critical trigger units, participants will learn:
• What triggers we each universally employ to shortcut the decision process.
• How to evaluate potential triggers for each situation.
• How to apply each trigger.
• The most important elements of each trigger.
• How to help others quickly make decisions that are right for them.
• To apply elements of each trigger to their CPO.
The 7 Trigger units are:
THE FRIENDSHIP TRIGGER
Trust, friendship and common bonds are a key trigger. This trigger forms the basis for other triggers to be effective. The many key facets to this trigger are explored.
THE AUTHORITY TRIGGER
By effectively showing credibility, knowledge, and authority, you reduce the risk inherent in most decisions. Like Friendship, the Authority Trigger is a critical stand-alone trigger as well as a precursor for other triggers to be activated.
THE CONSISTENCY TRIGGER
We are slaves to consistency. The brain maintains a database of prior actions and feelings. The newly discovered chemical and biological brain flows urge us to be consistent with this archive. When we learn what others are consistent with, we can frame our request accordingly.
THE RECIPROCITY TRIGGER
This is the well documented, universal psychological requirement for quid pro quo. Every human society employs this trigger, and scientists now believe society as we know it exists principally because of this powerful internal trigger.
THE CONTRAST TRIGGER
In the real world of the brain, objective values simply don’t matter—perceptions rule. Perceptions are based on “where we were – where we are now,” which scientists call the “adaptation level.” Setting the right adaptation level, and the specific order in which we present options and choices, creates the right perceptions to activate this trigger.
THE REASON WHY TRIGGER
Scientific studies create and validate the Reason Why Trigger. Ask without a reason, get turned down. Provide a reason for acting, and you persuade compliance. Why? Because a specific emotional element in the brain accepts what it considers to be a valid reason and acts immediately rather than sending the reason, and the request, to the thinking part of the brain.
THE HOPE TRIGGER
Hope is the strongest motivator of all human activity. We hope for happiness, for what we want, we hope to avoid what we fear. Hope is a fundamental powerhouse trigger that controls our decisions and actions. It is unmatched in persuasive ability. Learn what others hope for, and it’s fascinatingly easy to frame requests to activate this essential trigger. The course presents the elements of each trigger, shows how activate each trigger, how to apply individual triggers and trigger combinations. We provide a process for determining which triggers will be most easily activated in each persuasion encounter.
To successfully persuade others we need specific persuasion goals. In this unit, participants will:
• Learn the single critical element that determines success or failure.
• Be able to apply the Four-Step Goal-Setting Process to measurable persuasion goals.
• Learn how action-oriented goals can make achieving YES! easier.
• Learn to avoid the “someday syndrome” for achieving goals.
• Rewrite their CPO using the four-step goal process.
Persuasion result is totally dependent on the quality of communication. The best skills are worthless without the ability to properly communicate your requests. In this unit, participants will learn:
• The definition of true communication—it’s not what most think!
• How and when to identify values and decision-making criteria.
• How to formulate questions to uncover needs, wants and goals.
• How the right questions guide the persuasion process.
• How to actively listen rather than waiting to speak.
• How to understand others—and be understood!
• To apply communication & questioning skills to their CPO.
New persuasion skills breathe vibrant life into stale, old style logic and reason oriented presentations. Even the needs/benefit approach is now expanded exponentially. In this unit, participants will gain the ability to:
• Frame, organize & prepare presentations leading to successful persuasion results.
• Make the best opening statement.
• Determine which trigger information will make the most impact.
• Frame the presentation using carefully selected triggers.
• Deliver persuasive, well organized interactive presentations that lead to desired decisions and actions.
• Apply relevant triggers information to their CPO presentation.
Skilled persuaders easily turn resistance into golden opportunities. In this unit participants will:
• Learn how to recognize and disarm resistance.
• Know how to properly react to resistance.
• Learn how to respond to objections with the Four-Step Process.
• List several objections they might get to their CPO request.
Armed with solid persuasion skills, closure comes naturally! In this unit, participants will learn to get that final YES! by discovering:
• How to determine the right time to close.
• How to use key persuasion triggers to get commitment – that final YES.
• How to apply different closing methods.
• How to close every single encounter!
• How to achieve successful closure for their CPO.
Current ProjectsCrowdsourcing for Beta App
The 7 Triggers program includes an app designed to archive, organize, and deploy advanced ...7 Triggers Partners Program
Meeting the unique needs ...
ProEd Updates by Email
Get new articles, announcements, and updates without having to return to the site. We will never distribute your email address for any reason.